The way my hair tangles. The way it is a disaster to put a comb in it. Those headaches. When it is dried, how it looks and feels, very indescribable. How many times have I said I’m tired of this hair. How many times have I said why haven’t I used a relaxer yet?!
Urgg the horror! Yet our hair is a blessing!
You see God is perfect and everything he does is perfect. He gave us our hair, so it means our hair should be one of the definition of our beauty, so it is perfect.
It is said that God will never give you more than you can handle. So if your hair is work then you are equivalent to the task.
How can you handle your hair like a piece of cake?
Learn about your hair; Knowing your hair will help you conquer the horror you feel towards it. Knowing your hair will show you it’s best sides. Knowing your hair will help you wear your crown in all her glory without you feeling embarrassed.
How do I know my Hair?
Start a regimen: you may say what does it even mean to start a regimen?! Now this is what it means; there are various types of treatment for our hair
- Deep conditioning treatment: This is when you apply one or more conditioners to your hair and leave it on your hair for a period of time.
- The protein treatment: This is when you apply protein rich products on your hair to build the strength of the hair shaft and also to avoid hair thinning.
- The hot oil treatment: This is a long term viability to infuse moisture into the hair. It also helps in strengthening the hair shaft.
- Apple cider vinegar treatment: When you have product build up and you are not in the mood for a shampoo, then hello apple cider vinegar (ACV). An ACV treatment reduces itching of the scalp and removes flakiness.
- Shampooing: This is the washing of the hair with shampoo.
These are my preferences.
Now this is how a regimen will look like;
You might want to stick to one conditioner for a period of 6months. That is you will do this treatment once every week. You will definitely start to notice the advantages and disadvantages of that condition and how it benefits your hair or don’t.
The protein treatment
This can be done once every month or in two months, it will depend on the state of your hair. You can use mayonnaise, egg, avocado e.t.c to achieve this.
This can be done once in two weeks or in a month. It also depends on the state of your hair.
Apple cider vinegar
ACV doesnt have to be done within a particular timeline. Whenever you feel the need to do an ACV rinse, go for it.
You can shampoo once in a month or in 6weeks. In the interim you can wash with conditioners.
Once you’ve started a regimen STICK TO IT you will start to know what process works for you and then what doesn’t. When to do a process and when not to do it. What products works for you and what doesn’t. What ingredients in a product works for you and which won’t suit you.
How do i know if a product works for me?
Look closely at how your hair feels after each activity. How does it feel when you comb through with your fingers or with a comb. Is it soft and easily managed or does it snag and snap?
How do you take care of your hair?Apart from infusing moisture to your hair to improve its state there are other little things you should be doing that helps it. Like they say little drops of water makes a mighty ocean;
- Wear a satin cap before sleeping; yes girl, you don’t want all those juiciness enriched in your hair being snatched by your pillow. Except you are using a satin pillow case.
- Use a wide tooth comb or a teaser brush; it will ensure less breakage. Always start combing your hair from the tips of your hair, then work your way carefully to the roots.
- Don’t forget to massage your scalp even when you have a protective style on. The scalp is where the hair grows from you want to be sure it gets the necessary tender loving care.
- If you notice split ends at the tips of your hair then you will need to get a trim. Split ends snags the rest of the hair and causes it to break. You can either trim it yourself or go to a hair stylist.
- The best form of moisture is water. Just like the plants our hair needs water to grow. Spray it with little drops of water every day and it will keep flourishing.
I hope you can relate to this article and find it interesting. Write your thoughts below I will love to read from you. Thank you.