Ever been to a salon for hair treatment or for a new style or even for a cut and your stylist gives you a good scalp massage? Don’t that make you want to sleep. You feel all your energy seeping away and you feel relaxed.A good scalp massage is so beneficial to our well being as well as to our hair.
Benefits of massaging your scalp
1. It Relaxes
Scalp massage is a good way to ease out tension. When you are stressed or had an hectic day it is an easy way to get your mood back on track. Or even when you have headaches a good scalp massage can make you feel better. A feeling of calmness and relaxation is what I get from a good scalp massage.Also it usually helps when I am finding it hard to phrase topic, you know when you are trying to write something and you are stuck, after a good massage I start to recollect. You can try it too, it helps.
2. For Hair Growth
Scalp massage is one of the great ways to help the hair grow as fast as possible. It stimulates hair growth. When you massage your scalp it increases blood circulation and this in turn channels more nutrients to the hair roots.
3. It Thickens Hair
Daily scalp massage is one way I have been able to thicken my hair. Massaging dilates the scalp and increase blood flow to the hair follicles. This improves the texture of hair, making it thicker and stronger over time.
4. Lubricates The Scalp
A dry scalp can result in itchiness, flakes and hair breakage. These are examples of what we don’t want our hair associated with.The skin produces natural oil know as sebum. Sebum on the scalp is an example of a healthy and well nourished scalp. Massaging the scalp ensures that the scalp is rich with sebum and also that the scalp is not dry because dryness can lead to low levels of sebum which in turn lead to an oily scalp. This is because your scalp will try to overcompensate and produce more oil than you need.You can choose to do your scalp massages with oils, which will of course lubricate the scalp. But even if you choose to just massage your scalp without oils, it will still speed up the production of Sebum.Scalp massage is a great way to regulate the production of sebum and keep the levels on your scalp at a healthy and beneficial level.
5. Helps In Moisture circulation
A good scalp massage is a good way to ensure every strand of your hair sucks in moisture. A hair that is rich in moisture will grow healthy, vibrant, bouncy and long. I have also noticed thickness when I massage my wet hair. And when you massage you also reduce product build up if your hair and scalp have any.
How To Massage Your Scalp
The best way, I will say is to get the help of someone so you can doze off because that’s what a good scalp massage puts you in the mood for, sleep! However you can also do it yourself, you either do it with your hands or use a scalp massager.
- While Shampooing: I wash my hair with a sulphate free shampoo. After I put in the shampoo and lather my hair then I massage my scalp for 5minutes before I rinse off the shampoo.
- While Conditioning: When I did not massage while shampooing I massage when conditioning my hair for 5minutes. I either use my hands or with a scalp massager.
- With oil: You can use your favorite oil as well to massage your scalp. I love to use olive oil, it’s light and has moisturizing benefits.
- Without products: Yes you can massage your scalp with just your hands. You don’t need to use a product before you massage. Sitting on the couch watching your favorite tv programme is a good time to start massaging or anytime you desire since the only tool you need are your hands.
Have you been massaging your scalp? How does it make you feel? If you don’t massage, do you intend to start massaging your scalp?
Let me know in the comment section I will love to read from you.